Monday, September 20, 2010

Starlog #1 Nimoy article

I've been bringing out some material from the early Starlogs recently, and while I had them out I thought I might as well do some more. This time we are revisiting the landmark first issue (published June of 1976) that meant so much to many of us young fans at the time, and still means a lot in terms of the memories it evokes. I've already posted the Shatner interview, so this time I'm scanning in the Nimoy article for your enjoyment. Whether you've read it before, or this is your first time, I hope you get a kick out of it!
(Click on images to enlarge.)

Below, the 5 x 7 color postcard from Lincoln Enterprises that I ordered in 1974, which -although I have posted it here before- I am displaying as a color version of one of the black and white images in the article. Not exactly the same, but snapped only seconds apart in the photo session taken before the filming of the first regular episode after the second pilot. The ship is the three-foot filming model used sometimes for the show's effects.


Mr. Spock caught playing with his models again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a ton for posting the early Starlog stuff. As you said, that magazine was a huge deal for those of us who didn't live near big cities.