Friday, May 6, 2011

Video Guide Article on Star Trek IV

From the local (to Beckley WV) "Home Video Guide" which was available to videostore patrons, comes this October 1987 article on Star Trek in general, and the new movie out on VHS, " Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home" in particular. First, the inside page which reproduces the VHS ad poster, and the table of contents.

(Click on images to enlarge.)

Sheen: "Sometime in the future, I guess around 2011 or so, I'll probably have to resort to acting nuts to stay in the public eye."
Next, the article itself:




Below, the trivia contest from the same mag. Answer them if you can (and every real Trekker can) but don't send in the form. You missed the contest deadline date slightly.



Bonus: Below, a convention ad flyer from 1994 featuring none other than the actor famous for his Mission: Impossible role, and to a lesser degree, as "Dr. Spock" from an obscure TV series from back in the 60's.


4 comments:

Moxie Anne Magnus said...

Wonderful, Wonderful. My praise for your sight matches the size of my Starfleet regulation bouffant! I'm adding you to my links (although you certainly don't need my humble addition! You're fame proceeds you my dear!)

If you have a chance check out my little blog: moxiemagnus.blogspot.com

david_b said...

Have you taken a break from the blogs..? These are still part of my 'daily digest' of reading..

Hope all is well!

David B.

Frederick said...

Hey, David!

Thanks for caring! It's not a pre-meditated break, or even a desired one, just been so busy trying to make a living (mundane stuff) that my time spent on these blogs has suffered. I hope to do more on these soon, so don't give up!

david_b said...

Frederick:

Absolutely NO worries. You might just want to consider posting a tiny banner saying 'Hey, You crazy folks, I'm taking the week off' or 'Stay Tuned - Blogger Currently Exhausted'..LOL.

Your enthusiastic pal,

David Bolter