Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Seventeen's ST:TMP article

(Click on images to enlarge.)

Clipped from an early 1979 issue of Seventeen, a teen girl's fan magazine. I tell ya, this one was embarassing to buy, but it had an article on the new Trek in it, so I gritted my teeth, mumbling something to the clerk that "it was for my little sister," and when I got home I quickly slit the relevant pages out and trashed the rest. Whew, that was close!




Sadly, the remaining text which is continued on another page was not with the others in my scrapbook. Where it went, I don't know, but chances are it was only a little bit with no pictures or it would have been all together. Update: thanks to Ruth Herr Sippel Pace, who follows my Facebook ST Scrapbook page, I have included the last page below. She had it, scanned it and posted it for me, so that I could complete this article online. That was really nice, Ruth! Thanks so much!


Below is a photo I clipped from... somewhere. I don't remember where this came from, a tabloid most likely, but it's nice candid shot behind the scenes, published sometime in the spring of 1979. But, Stephen Collins as "a relief pilot"? Where did they get that from?


No comments: