Thursday, March 18, 2010

Blog Awarded

It's nice to be noticed and appreciated! I was notified this morning by Trek site Ex Astris Scientia webmaster Bernd Schneider that I had won this month's EAE Award, via this nice email...

Dear Frederick,

I enjoyed your blog a lot, and I am pleased to announce that you win the EAE Award March 2010. Congratulations! Here is a small blurb to be posted at EAS:

"My Star Trek Scrapbook is a gem among the growing number of Trek-themed blogs. It is unique because it showcases a plethora of Star Trek memorabilia from over 40 years, among them many newspaper or magazine clippings that even avid fans probably wouldn't have kept for so long. But thanks to the steady efforts of blog owner Frederick these funny or insightful documents from Star Trek's history have been preserved and are being made public again - with updates occurring as often as every few days. My Star Trek Scrapbook deserves praise for the quality of the content as well as of the presentation. Unlike many other bloggers Frederick is very careful in tagging and indexing his content, thereby improving the accessibility and avoiding that entries disappear forever on the umpteenth archive page. And anyone who still thinks that science fiction and nostalgia don't mix should check out My Star Trek Scrapbook right now, as well as the other sci-fi, horror and comic blogs by the same author."

Thanks for a very entertaining blog and keep up your great work!

Best regards, Bernd Schneider
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/

Thanks again, Bernd! Recognition by you and an award from a site like yours is a real honor. May this blog, your site, and all the readers of both, "Keep On Trekkin'!"

7 comments:

Jay said...

How lovely and how well deserved. Good show, Mr. Frederick, and hearty congratulations to you, sir. I know I've become quite attached to My Star Trek Scrapbook and look forward to your frequent updates and good-natured interactions with annoyingly prolific commentators such as myself. Applause, applause, sir, and may you blog long and prosper.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

And thanks for this highly entertaining and informative site.

Jackie T said...

You deserve it. Your blog has brought back to me all that stuff I had or saw years and years ago that I thought was gone forever. I check in regularly for new updates, and I love your comments on the more daft ones too. Thank you, and well deserved.

Andi said...

Congratulations!!!!!! :-)

Pineapples101 said...

Cool, congrats :)
Truly deserving!

CMX said...

Congratulations, Frederick! Well deserved! :)

Frederick said...

Thank you all! I'm grateful for the recognition too, since it brought a lot more people to the blog; over 600 the first day and close to 500 the second! So a lot more people know about the fun we are having getting together to go through my collection cabinets. The more the better!