Friday, August 7, 2009

70's "Vulcanized" Cheer Commercial

Again, taking the easy route today due to lack of time, but I've been wanting to post this awhile anyway since I saw it on a DVD set of vintage commercials that I bought a couple of years ago.

Oh, man, is this pure goofy 70's; but fun. I like how the gaudy "transporter" effect takes so long to complete but she doesn't react to the psychedelic light show until it's over, then takes the appearance of an alien offering detergent advice in complete stride.

The dude looks more like a Romulan than Vulcan, but we won't quibble. And his parting line is creepy; "I'll be watching." But possibly she is a little turned on by the knowledge that her every private action is being observed by a tall, mysterious pointy-eared alien... whom she, and she alone, could get to open up and reveal the passionate but hidden feelings deep inside. All the while wearing the cleanest clothes in the galaxy.

2 comments:

Cat M said...

I just wanted to stop by and say how much I thoroughly enjoy your blog.
I'm 18 and when I was younger my brother showed me Next Generation and then my father showed me the Original Series and I have to admit to preferring the Original Series.

So thank you very much for having this wonderful blog. =)

Frederick said...

Cat,

glad you found it and are enjoying it! I hope it gives you a good idea of what it was like being a fan back before there even was a next generation. Come back often!