Wednesday, July 1, 2009

1977 article: Star Trek Lives!

(Click on images to enlarge.)
Although not entirely functional, at least the suits of the time were sparkly, and colorfully faaaaab-u-louuuuus!
An article scanned from my copy of the second issue of TV's Dynamic Heroes, published in June 1977. Of note are the convention photos from the 1976 Equicon event in Oakland, CA. It was with no small amount of envy that I would read about these far-off conventions I would never get to attend.... but I was there in spirit if not in body.




And, from the same issue, a page devoted to Leonard's new enterprise... as he was "In Search Of" a career after the typecasting that inevitably came with a success like Star Trek.



Bonus: A scan of a postcard I picked up in a movie memorabilia store in a Florida mall in the 90's. There were a set of them for sale, and I'll be posting them as we go along now and then for you to enjoy.


"This is the church... and here is the steeple..."

3 comments:

Jay said...

Very cool. In Search Of was one of my favorite shows as a kid. Still is I guess.

Anna said...

Not commenting on this article in particular, but I have to say how much I love your blog. You offer up such amazing gems all the time! I'd be jealous of your collection - but you share it so magnaminously

Frederick said...

Anna,

Thanks for the compliment! I'm happy you are enjoying it, that's the reason I do it! Plus I'm having a ball going through my collection cabinets and scrapbooks looking at stuff I've not seen for years myself.