Monday, April 6, 2009

Nimoy: Star Of The Year

(Captain Obvious says: "Click on images to view full-size, crewman!")

Hope you enjoy these various clippings... not sure of the publication sources (except that they were TV/movie magazines) but all were during the original series run. Below, Star Trek meets Space:1999.





I have to admit the real excitement online right now is that the new Star Trek movie has had a surprise premiere! Go to TrekMovie.com for some early reviews and lots of excitement! Also check out the writeups at AintItCool.com. Folks, it appears that Star Trek Lives!

5 comments:

chunky B said...

Cool image from the card set, I just watched this episode last week.

Jay said...

I have no enthusiasm for the movie. I'm not sure I'm even going to go see it.

Frederick said...

Jay,

Aw, come on... at least go see it before you rule it out. Then, if you like it, you've seen it on the big screen. If not, then you'll know to skip the DVD which costs more!

Logical, no? And it's getting great reviews... so even if you can't enjoy it as real Trek, look at it as maybe just a good movie... those are few and far between any more.

Me, I'm more excited about a new Trek movie than I have been in over a decade.

Jay said...

I appreciate the thought, Frederick, and there was a time when I was really looking forward to the movie, but it just doesn't feel like Star Trek to me. And if that makes me a bad person or a bad fan or not hip or open-minded or whatever, then I'll have to be that person. I just don't see anything in it for me. I'm obviously not who this movie was made for, so I'm going to leave it for its intended audience. I'm sure they won't miss me or my nine dollars.

Anonymous said...

Okay, the new ship exterior and bridge interior look bad to me; I really love the originals. But I'll be going to see this film just as I would be honor-bound to see a new James Bond or Superman installment. ST is one of my "things." How could I not go?
John G7